August 27, 2014

"Holiness to the Lord, the House of the Lord"

     I'm an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And this week I'll have the opportunity to visit an open house for our local temple. I love the temple, it has brought me great peace and comfort.
     A few weeks ago I had the chance volunteer at the open house. I was one of those people that put shoe covers on. I had many people comment in different ways. One person asked how we managed to get that job. Like it wasn't worth her time. And in all reality there is no small job, all are needed.
     Another comment was "I feel like a prince."(Loved this!) This activity of placing shoe covers on people is very similar to Jesus Christ washing His disciples feet.
    We are all loved by Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful to have a temple near me and to have a wonderful ward where I have found many friends.


Thanks for reading!

P.S. If you have questions please visit lds.org or send me an email

No comments:

Post a Comment