September 3, 2014

The Balance of wifehood and motherhood.

  At times finding balance seems impossible, especially when our children are little. Our day to day is so full of needs and temper tantrums and needs. It never ends, or so it seems. By the time our husbands get home from working all day, we are tired. Completely worn out. We seem to have nothing else to give, when all our husbands need is a kind word and loving support.
   I've found that by limiting the amount of things I do before he arrives I am much more capable to give him what he needs. Your husband is important. Remember him always.
    Your children need love and your husband does. How can we give them what they need when we keep falling deeper and deeper? At times we feel useless, like we can't actually accomplish all that we are suppose to. (Remember you don't have to!) Life is here for us to learn from our mistakes.
   We can't accomplish everything. Ever.
    In this life all we can do is give our children and husbands the love they need. The laundry and dishes can wait. You will never get back this moment. You only have now.
   I have a difficult time remembering that I'm not supermom. I am only one imperfect daughter of God but I can accomplish all things though Him. He will help your family know how much you love them and your home will be a more loving place to be.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I've been thinking a lot about the balance between being a wife and a mom. For me, I'm itching to do fun things and get out of the house when my husband comes home, but after a long day of work, he often wants to stay in and relax. It's hard to find a balance! I've started doing little errands during the day so I can not be so pushy and annoying when he comes home. Thanks for these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also found that going and having fun with my little one helps me give my husband what he needs when he gets home. Instead of wanting to get out of the house the minute he gets home. Good luck and thank you for commenting.

      Delete