October 24, 2014

Halloween is Upon Us.

     Recently a friend of my shared this article with a challenge. And in the spirit of Halloween I'm going to share our own visit to the cemetery.
     About 2 weeks ago my husband had time off so we decided to visit a small town in Northern Utah to find some of my own ancestors and you would be surprised to know that we found at least 30 tombs stone with my maiden name and many more from families that are also related to us. It was such a neat experience. While there my husband and I started to suspect that we were related. We looked it up and it turns out we are 5th cousins once removed(such a small world...).
    We both have ancestors that came to Utah with the Mormon Pioneers. We are lucky to live in a time when we can do work for the people we found at the cemetery. I know many of them were members but not all of them and that gives us the opportunity to do the work for them in the temple. If you have questions please e-mail me or visit lds.org.
Happy Halloween!


Just one more thing.
   A few sundays a go I had to opportunity to give a talk in church and for some unknown reason I decided to talk about the opposite of faith. Which now seems very fitting for Halloween. Look forward to a story about it next week.


Thank you so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what you can learn when you do family history.

    ReplyDelete