March 10, 2015

We Are Pieces of Art

    A few days ago I was talking with some friends about their many talents and it was amazing. I might not be an amazing baker but right next to me sat one. And another that can knit a gorgeous afghan. And an older women that can make amazing quilts. And others that reads large history books for fun. I felt so grateful for their talents. 
    I mentioned how I love quilts and a few of them said they didn't have the patience or that it was difficult for them because they wanted it to be perfect. The thing I love most about quilts are the imperfections.  
   Each little mistake shows the hard work that was put into it. The lines don't have to be perfectly straight and the pieces might not always a line but this piece of art that has been put together will keep your loved ones warm on cold nights. It will remind you that you can accomplish difficult things. And that just like you, the quilt isn't perfect but that it will always be loved. 

And don't worry every time you make a quilt the amount of mistakes will decrease.

No comments:

Post a Comment