May 11, 2015

What God would have us do...


      Every morning I wake up with immense gratitude for this life I am privileged to live. As I start the day I always ask myself what my Heavenly Father wants me to do today? He knows me better then anyone else and He knows what will bring me the most joy in this life.
      At times I forget and start to think about myself and about what I want to do today. And those days usually don't go very well because all my expectations crash to the ground.


      It's hard being a stay at home mother or so we tell ourselves. We make to do lists and incorporate activities to make us feel normal. And we forget that we are mothers out of love... for our families. We are exactly where we are suppose to be. We can give our lives to Our Heavenly Father and He will help us though every little difficulty that occurs.
      The love we feel for our children is amazing and the love we have for our spouse will carry us though. I show my family how much I love them when I clean my home and fill their bellies with yummy food.  Many people don't understand why anyone would stay home and do such mundane things when they could hire a maid and just eat out. 
      Our families need stay at home moms(or dads!) to make a home for them. A secure place for them. A loving environment. A house of prayer and a house of order. I believe we can have peace in our homes when we strive to be close to Our Heavenly Father. 
      I don't want to be home when it is a mess so why would my family. I want my home to be a refuge for my daughter and my husband. 

      So yes, being a mother is difficult but the benefits far out weigh the cost.  




          What does Heavenly Father want you to do today?




P.S. I know it isn't always possible to stay home but we can still make our house a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment