April 11, 2017

To try or not to try

We live in a world where everyone around us seems to be the best at something or other. We see women who work full time and then come home to take care of their children. We see people that volunteer their time, those that always seem to have a lot of friends. We see the best side of people and seeing that side keeps us from doing what we really want to do.

So...what do you want to do? Should you not try just because someone might be better. Or even worse do you fear going that extra step. If you don't try you will never fail....

Not the case because of regret. Someday you will wonder what have I done with my life. I mean sure you might have a great job, a wonderful family, great friends but have you ever gone out of your comfort zone to try something you might completely and utterly fail at? Scary....

I think there is merit in trying. You might end up finding something you love and that is that best reason to try. How many of us have thought of being some famous person, whether in sports, t.v. , movies, writing, or even in politics. To be that one person everyone knows. The dreams are glamorous but the work that would lead you there is not glamorous. It is the daily small things that will make the biggest differences.

I love to write but I feel inadequate that could stop me. I'm sure I have grammar errors and I'm not very structured in my writing but I try and I love it. And that is enough.

Try something new and do what you love especially when you aren't the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment