May 1, 2017

Searching for something

In The Little Mermaid she is searching for something. Not really knowing what she would find. In one of the songs it says "Ask them my questions and get some answers." Isn't that what we try to do all the time? But do we know what the questions are?

Since I was little we moved a lot. Even if we stayed in the same school we would change houses often and it hasn't been until now that all seems like it will stay the same for a bit more than 2 years. And what do I look for? I want change.... but I really have no idea what I am searching for.

People do it all the time. They move and jobs no longer last 30-40 years. We want to travel further than before. We want something, we are searching yet we can't seem to find it. Those lucky enough, like the Little Mermaid go for what they want and it actually turns out she wanted it. The story could have ended so differently. She finally has legs and then she finds out that the grass really wasn't greener on the other side but now she's stuck.... Yikes!

I've been thinking about this a lot. And I find that I want to recreate times that I had fun and was happy. Forgetting all along that yesterday was an excellent day and that tomorrow is promising to be even better. Isn't that great? I want to enjoy what has been instead of creating and enjoying the wonderful life happening right in front of me.

My goal for the week is to be present. :)

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment