May 3, 2017

You matter

As a mother it becomes very difficult to stay motivated at home. We start thinking, is it worth it? Am I making a difference?

And then you have moments where your child does something that makes you proud and happy to be their parents.

Today, well doing dishes I watched as Rose and a little girl I take care of during the week danced in the dining room. All of a sudden the little girl fell down and hurt her arm. I was about to rush over but I could see she wasn't hurt but what surprised me was Rose taking care of her. She kissed her owies and made everything better. Soon they were twirling to the music once more.

I try to remind myself that we are works in progress. I don't have it all figured out and my daughter is only 4 with lots of time to learn and grow. We are here on earth to learn from lives experiences. We have a long way to go but that is what it is all about. She is still learning and I am too.

So take a deep breath with me and start again. It will all work out, you have plenty of time, just keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment